Trash Troupe / Two Guys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Lawl teh Xbawx sux rite?

Joey-Kazaam
    Joey-Kazaam

Lawl teh Xbawx sux rite? Empty Lawl teh Xbawx sux rite?

Post  Joey-Kazaam April 30th 2010, 9:56 pm

I saw on facebook someguy's status bashing the xbox, he linked to this IGN article http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1014486p1.html

To summarize for you, IGN is saying that the xbox has a over 50% crash rate and praising the PS3. Well, I try my best not to be a fanboy but this is pretty silly. It's obvious that this is just a marketting angle to get more sales for the soon to be released PS3 SLIM (It's smaller so... it's better?)

I have had my xbox get the rrod AND when i got my xbox back, i have my harddrive become corrupt and lose all my game saves. So yeah the xbox does break. On top of that playing online at times can be a bitch, especially if you are crazy enough to go on halo and play some MLG PRO KIDS. The xbox live community sure are something...

But at the same time, the xbox is a lot of fun. It's obvious that PC gaming is the best however I don't have the time to invest in bootlegging games and my parents dont want me to put their credit card information on steam and besides i enjoy console gaming. The people i've met on xbox are lolz in their own right, from an 11 year old kid to a 16 year old mexican gangsta that poops in his pants and watches iCarly the lols always out weigh the negative.

Is that same feeling possible on the wii and ps3? Yeah sure, but who cares?

Oh and the exclusives on all the consoles don't interest me that much, so I can live without playing heavy rain or MARIO GALAXY.

Your opinons?
    ShaftyCakes
    ShaftyCakes
    Admin
    Admin

Lawl teh Xbawx sux rite? Empty Re: Lawl teh Xbawx sux rite?

Post  ShaftyCakes April 30th 2010, 11:34 pm

Isn't the Slim out already? I thought I saw a few at WalMart today.
    Anyways, every one of the consoles, handhelds and even PC has their ups and downs.
    I'll run down my opinions on the current platforms.

360:
    Pros - XBox Live is great for friends
    - Many game developers optimize their games for the 360
    - Best out-of-the-box controller this gen when they are new
    Cons - Whiny kids online with the gamertag .xXxMLGPrOxXx.
    - High failure rate (I heard 2/3)
    - Controllers kinda get worse it after a while. Their joysticks loss grip and the D-Pad is the worst of this gen.

PS3:
    Pros - Best new exclusive IPs (Uncharted, Heavy Rain, InFamous)
    - Blu Ray support
    - Free Online
    Cons - Most developers only use Blu Ray for cutscenes meaning the actual gameplay doesn't look too different from 360
    - Meh controllers for FPS/TPS
    - Losses many games to 360 and or PC i.e. Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Conviction, Mass Effect 2, Left 4 Dead 2 etc

Wii:
    Pros - It's Nintendo; it's the only console where you get Mario, Samus, Link
    - Virtual Console is awesome (yes there is XBLA and PSN but you can't get THAT many retro games)
    - Very wide spectrum of games.
    Cons - Half of the games are crappy shovelware
    - Some games don't understand that shaking your hand 24/7 isn't good (which is why Mario Baseball on Gamecube > Wii Version)
    - Too many controller attachments. The only good ones that I've used (minus the normal controller and numchuck) are the Classic Controller, Nyko Gun (3rd Party) and Wii Motion Plus

DS:
    Pros - Like the Wii, it's Nintendo meaning you'll get your Mario, Pokemon and Kirby fix
    - Games vary with different control schemes that are actually good i.e. Dusk Hotel: Room 215's Book style, Scribblenauts and Elite Beat Agents' touch only style, Pokemon (and Mario, Chrono Trigger, Tetris, etc) buttons only style and more
    - It has that appeal that just makes you want to play it.
    Cons - People like me who have the DS Phat don't want to buy a newer version because we know a better version will be made once we buy it
    - Stylus's tend to disappear for me
    - Like the Wii, it's ShovelWare City

PSP:
    Pros - Has Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, Mega Man Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X
    - Better graphics than DS
    - Has a thumbstick nub thing
    Cons - Those huge disc things are huge
    - PSP Go is pretty much a joke
    - Why get a PSP when you can get a DS.

PC:
    Pros - Steam is just awesome. There is pretty much always a sale going on
    - Keyboard and Mouse control AND the ability to plug in and use a 360 controller
    - You can mod your games
    - It's not just for games, it's a computer
    Cons - Can be expensive
    - Can't really sit down and relax on a couch far away from TV
    - Hard to get into/may be confusing to newcomers

P.S. Tyler, you can buy the disc version of PC games like L4D2, CSS, TF2 etc and then put that onto Steam.
    P.P.S. When you buy from Steam, you have the option to either have Steam record your Credit Card and stuff to make buying in the future hassle free or make them delete your info once they charge you.
    Joey-Kazaam
    Joey-Kazaam

Post  Joey-Kazaam May 1st 2010, 2:21 am

ShaftyCakes wrote:
    360:
    Pros - XBox Live is great for friends
    - Many game developers optimize their games for the 360
    - Best out-of-the-box controller this gen when they are new
    Cons - Whiny kids online with the gamertag .xXxMLGPrOxXx.
    - High failure rate (I heard 2/3)
    - Controllers kinda get worse it after a while. Their joysticks loss grip and the D-Pad is the worst of this gen.

PS3:
    Pros - Best new exclusive IPs (Uncharted, Heavy Rain, InFamous)
    - Blu Ray support
    - Free Online
    Cons - Most developers only use Blu Ray for cutscenes meaning the actual gameplay doesn't look too different from 360
    - Meh controllers for FPS/TPS
    - Losses many games to 360 and or PC i.e. Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Conviction, Mass Effect 2, Left 4 Dead 2 etc

P.S. Tyler, you can buy the disc version of PC games like L4D2, CSS, TF2 etc and then put that onto Steam.
    P.P.S. When you buy from Steam, you have the option to either have Steam record your Credit Card and stuff to make buying in the future hassle free or make them delete your info once they charge you.
    I bolded your mistakes. It is data that 50% of xbox break, not 66%. BIG DIFFERENCE AMIRITE?
    Claiming that Uncharted, Heavy Rain and InFamous are great games is an opinon, not a fact, if I said HALO 3 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER and because it is on the xbox 360 that makes the xbox better?

Also I'm still technically giving them my data. Not worth going through that hassel when I could just buy my games at ebgames...
    Dante Feistel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Dante Feistel May 1st 2010, 7:32 am

For me. Well my older brother's (not TheHeap) Xbox 360 died and he got a new one, and as a computer nerd I generally want stuff with a lower fail ratio.

If i had to go for a non-handheld console, I would choose the Old PS3, after I figure out how to get Linux back on it, because at least I'll have a bit of that PC fix, still won't be able to use Flash and shit, but It would be hell of a Linux box.

For handheld, It's a tough choice, because I have both a PSP (3000, not Go) and DS Lite. I like the fact that my DS has lasted for a good amount of time, but I may have to go for PSP, for the fact it also does multimedia and even the early models have memory card support. But the DSi might be better for me because it supports standard SD cards,which are much less expensive. If I could find a way to hack a DSi and make it operate the way I want it to (and have it run homebrew as well) without costing me an arm and leg and require online shopping, I may have to choose the DSi on this one... well maybe if they upgrade the CPU and RAM, 16MB vs 64MB leaves me discontent as a geek.

But the main choice for me is PC gaming, because I'm very often hunched at my computer, meaning it's a mix of swell games, and me sitting at a computer.

Sadly for me, most games require top shit hardware, but my system only has 128MB builtin NVIDIA graphics, 1.8ghz Single Core AMD Semperon, and only 1GB of RAM, meaning If I could find something swell, and I could afford it, I'd likely get it, But unlike most teenage guys, I'm a very light gamer, my kicks come from programming, music, and maybe trolling.
    ShaftyCakes
    ShaftyCakes
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ShaftyCakes May 1st 2010, 12:40 pm

Joey-Kazaam wrote:I bolded your mistakes. It is data that 50% of xbox break, not 66%. BIG DIFFERENCE AMIRITE?
    Claiming that Uncharted, Heavy Rain and InFamous are great games is an opinon, not a fact, if I said HALO 3 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER and because it is on the xbox 360 that makes the xbox better?

Also I'm still technically giving them my data. Not worth going through that hassel when I could just buy my games at ebgames...
    It used to be 2/3. It's still over 50% which is REALLY bad

Also I said that it was my own opinion, not my fact.

By buying the disc version I mean buying it in a real life store, not online. Either way I like buying games online because I really don't like EB Games
    Joey-Kazaam
    Joey-Kazaam

Post  Joey-Kazaam May 1st 2010, 8:31 pm

ShaftyCakes wrote:It used to be 2/3. It's still over 50% which is REALLY bad

Also I said that it was my own opinion, not my fact.

By buying the disc version I mean buying it in a real life store, not online. Either way I like buying games online because I really don't like EB Games
    Statistics are facts, not opinons. Creating made up numbers is basically just a biased opinon.
    I don't want need to buy upgrades for my comp so that's another reason why I don't play on PC.
    ShaftyCakes
    ShaftyCakes
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ShaftyCakes May 1st 2010, 8:48 pm

You don't have to upgrade it 24/7... You don't even have to do it, it's just if you want better graphics or if you want to run crazy games like Crysis on Ultra High settings.

Either way, the 360 still has a failure rate over 50%; you can't argue that that is really bad. I don't know about you, but I would want a console to keep working after my warranty runs up.
    The Heap
    The Heap
    Admin
    Admin

Post  The Heap May 1st 2010, 8:50 pm

i heard the xbox360 had problems
    my bro had to buy a new one

sometimes i wonder what shoddy sweatshop microsoft produces their 360s at cuz they should be fired for their shoddy work either that or microsoft should have their feet to the fire for hiring a sweatshop in the first place
    Joey-Kazaam
    Joey-Kazaam

Post  Joey-Kazaam May 1st 2010, 9:13 pm

ShaftyCakes wrote:You don't have to upgrade it 24/7... You don't even have to do it, it's just if you want better graphics or if you want to run crazy games like Crysis on Ultra High settings.

Either way, the 360 still has a failure rate over 50%; you can't argue that that is really bad. I don't know about you, but I would want a console to keep working after my warranty runs up.
    Well, when mine broke I got it back in 2 days and it has worked fine since.

Every company has problems with repairs... i.e. you vs activision.
    The Heap
    The Heap
    Admin
    Admin

Post  The Heap May 1st 2010, 9:22 pm

hmm my bro didnt even send it in for repairs he just strolled down to the future shop and bought a brand new one
    Joey-Kazaam
    Joey-Kazaam

Post  Joey-Kazaam May 1st 2010, 9:26 pm

The Heap wrote:hmm my bro didnt even send it in for repairs he just strolled down to the future shop and bought a brand new one
    Perhaps he vhad it modded which voids the warranty? Or may'be he had it for more than 3 years?
    The Heap
    The Heap
    Admin
    Admin

Post  The Heap May 1st 2010, 9:28 pm

no i never heard of him modding it (he isnt the kind of guy who mods consoles) and he only bought it like a year ago
    ShaftyCakes
    ShaftyCakes
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ShaftyCakes May 1st 2010, 11:31 pm

Joey-Kazaam wrote:
    ShaftyCakes wrote:You don't have to upgrade it 24/7... You don't even have to do it, it's just if you want better graphics or if you want to run crazy games like Crysis on Ultra High settings.

Well, when mine broke I got it back in 2 days and it has worked fine since.

Every company has problems with repairs... i.e. you vs activision.
    My problem with Activision is that they didn't solve my problem (only made it worse). My problem with the 50% failure rate is that in the future there will be so few 360s that work. Yes Microsoft will probably have backwards compatibility with 360 games in the future but it would be very hard to find a 360 that still would work. It's just weird when an Atari 2600 could outlive a 360.

Speaking about Activision, can't they just have like a year pause with CoD? They are like a redneck trailerpark hick family who keep on producing offspring (sequels) who won't go anywhere in life until they can't support them anymore and just leave them to die. This happened with Tony Hawk and now skating games are dominated by Skate. I just think that the same thing will happen to CoD and it loses to Battlefield or Medal of Honor. This pretty much is also happening with Guitar Hero vs. Rock Band.
    Joey-Kazaam
    Joey-Kazaam

Post  Joey-Kazaam May 2nd 2010, 4:54 am

Ben speaks the truth.

O and today I was at EBgames and was loitering with Sluck and Kim Jong Il and I played Uncharted 2 and I was like, this won game of the year >_>...
    ShaftyCakes
    ShaftyCakes
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ShaftyCakes May 2nd 2010, 10:40 am

I never trust award things for anything. Uncharted 2 seems fun to play but mainly for it's online and early game (I heard later on you had to fight random zombies... consistent much?).
    Joey-Kazaam
    Joey-Kazaam

Post  Joey-Kazaam May 2nd 2010, 12:14 pm

ShaftyCakes wrote:I never trust award things for anything. Uncharted 2 seems fun to play but mainly for it's online and early game (I heard later on you had to fight random zombies... consistent much?).
    Yeah... Oh and sorry for earlier about the facts thing, I didn't realize I said opinons...>_>

Uncharted 2 looked nice, and it was fine but it was basically just Assassins Creed with a gun.
    The Heap
    The Heap
    Admin
    Admin

Post  The Heap May 2nd 2010, 12:17 pm

on the note of Xbox failure rate, I'm in the same room (or basement) as the broken xbox360 my bro had. he just moved out mere hours ago so im probably gonna tinker with the thing.
    ShaftyCakes
    ShaftyCakes
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ShaftyCakes May 2nd 2010, 2:21 pm

It's alright, it was a wall of text, you where bound to miss a few small details.

I heard that you could take compressed air and spray the inside of the RRoD 360 to fix it. I'm not sure if that works but worth a try if your bro has a new 360.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 4:54 am